Fit and Proper Person
This is a requirement for all Aviation Documents issued by CAAF
If you want the exercise the right to be part of Fiji's aviation system and be the holder of an aviation document or be a nominated post holder, you have to prove you’re sufficiently sensible, careful, and law-abiding to be allowed that privilege.
You will have to demonstrate this every time you apply for the renewal of the aviation document.
What you have to do
Complete the fit and proper person questionnaire, providing:
- proof of identity
- proof of an address where important documents can be sent address for service
- your convictions history report from the Fiji Police Force, even if you don’t have a criminal record
- your demerits points and suspension history report from the Fiji LTA and CAAF even if you have never committed an offense.
Note: It will take some time to get the Fiji Police Force Report. PLAN AHEAD
Your application can’t be processed unless you use the right forms and provide ALL the right information and requisite documents.
If you are already fit and proper
A shorter fit and proper person declaration can be used if:
- within the past 12 months you’ve completed FPP form, and
- the facts and information you gave previously are unchanged, and
- you successfully completed the FPP process
Changes to your fit and proper status
If you receive any driving or criminal convictions since your last FPP assessment, you should advise CAAF as soon as possible.
Every aviation document holder must "continue to satisfy the fit and proper person test".
Fill in the fit and proper person form for initial registration or change of possession of an aircraft.
Nominated Post Holder Positions
Fill in the fit and proper person form for any nominated post holder positions/roles you intend to fulfill for your certified organisation.
Do your research
To make the fit and proper person process transparent and fair to participants, we have published a fit and proper person guidance manual.
For further information, refer to
- Laws of Fiji
- CAAF Standards Documents
- CAAF Application Forms
- CAAF Aeronautical Information Circulars
- CAAF Guidance Documents
If you have any questions about this topic, email firstname.lastname@example.org