Ground Handling Service Provider Certification Requirements
The Fiji Civil Aviation Security Regulations states that no one is allowed to perform the functions of a Ground Handling Service Provider unless they hold a Ground Handling Service Provider Certificate issued by CAAF.
The Fiji Civil Aviation Security Regulations further states that CAAF may only issue such a certificate if it is satisfied that the applicant is –
- is competent, having regard to all of the following, his previous conduct, experience, equipment, facilities, organization, staffing, training, quality assurance system, safety management system and other arrangements to provide such services specified in the certificate and for the services so specified; and
- holds a ground handling service provider certificate security programme that has been approved by the Authority; and
- is in compliance with the standards published by the Authority.
The Fiji Civil Aviation Security Regulations further states that the security programme shall specify the practices and procedures to be followed for the purposes of minimizing danger to aircraft, passengers and cargo, and, where applicable, the following Regulations shall apply –
- for the provision of air cargo operations – Regulation 5A of the Fiji Civil Aviation Security Regulations;
- for the provision of aircraft catering services – Regulation 5B of the Fiji Civil Aviation Security Regulations;
- for the provision of regulated agents – Regulation 19B of the Fiji Civil Aviation Security Regulations; and
- for the provision of passenger services, the portion of the airline security programme that is applicable.
The Fiji Civil Aviation Security Regulations further states that CAAF can impose conditions on the certificate which must be complied with, including a period of its validity.
CAAF can suspend, revoke, or cancel a certificate at any time if it deems it necessary.
As part of its oversight, CAAF can, through an authorised person, inspect and audit a Ground Handling Service Provider –
- for the purpose of monitoring the effective application of the aviation security practices and procedures provided in the ground handling service provider’s security programme and shall include –
- the examination and inspection of the work of the personnel providing any service under the ground handling service provider’s security programme;
- the examination and inspection of the ground handling service provider’s facilities and equipment; and
- such other examination and inspection as may be necessary for the purposes of ensuring the effective maintenance of ground handling service operations
The Ground Handling Service Provider is required to comply with any recommendations or corrective actions imposed by the Authority as a result of an audit, examination or inspection carried out during its oversight activity.
Any Ground Handling Service Provider that contravenes a provision of the Fiji Civil Aviation Security Regulations, commits an offence and is liable on conviction to
- a fine not exceeding $10,000, or imprisonment for a term not exceeding 7 years, or, both such fine and imprisonment; and
- an order prohibiting the grant of, or requiring the suspension or revocation of, any licence, permit, or certificate which authorizes the operation of the ground handling service provider to which this Regulation applies.
For further information, refer to
- Laws of Fiji
- CAAF Standards Documents
- CAAF Application Forms
- CAAF Aeronautical Information Circulars
- CAAF Guidance Documents
If you have any questions about this topic, email email@example.com