Aviation Security Service Organisation Certification Requirements
The Fiji Civil Aviation Security Regulations states that no one is allowed to perform the functions of an Aviation Security Service Organisation unless they hold an Aviation Security Service Organisation Certificate issued by CAAF.
The Fiji Civil Aviation Security Regulation further states that CAAF may only issue such a certificate if it is satisfied that the applicant is –
- competent, having regard to any of the following, his previous conduct and experience, equipment, facility, organisation, staffing, training, quality assurance system, safety management systems, maintenance and other arrangements to conduct services specified in the certificate and for the services so specified; and
- in compliance with the appropriate CAAF Standards Document.
Fiji Civil Aviation Security Regulation states that CAAF can impose conditions on the certificate which must be complied with, including a period of its validity.
CAAF can suspend, revoke, or cancel a certificate at any time if it deems it necessary.
As part of its oversight CAAF can, through an authorised person may out a security inspection of an aviation security service organization for the purpose of -
- monitoring the effective application of the provision of aviation security services under the Act and these Regulations; or
- satisfying the Authority that the holder of the aviation security service certificate is competent to operate as an aviation security service organization.
A security inspection carried out includes:
- the examination and inspection of the work of the personnel providing aviation security service; or
- the examination and inspection of aviation security service facilities and equipment; or
- such other examination and inspection as may be necessary for the purposes of ensuring the effective maintenance of aviation security standards and operations.
The aviation security service organization shall comply with any recommendations imposed by the Authority as a result of an examination or security inspection carried out during its oversight activity.
Any person or aviation security service organization that contravenes a provision of this Regulation, commits an offense and is liable on conviction to –
- a fine not exceeding $10,000, or imprisonment for a term not exceeding 7 years, or, both such fine and imprisonment; and
- an order prohibiting the grant of, or requiring the suspension or revocation of, any licence, permit, or certificate which authorizes the operation of the aviation security service organization to which this Regulation applies.
For further information, refer to
- Laws of Fiji
- CAAF Standards Documents
- CAAF Application Forms
- CAAF Aeronautical Information Circulars
- CAAF Guidance Documents
If you have any questions about this topic, email firstname.lastname@example.org