Air Traffic Service Provider
Fiji Airports is currently the only certified Air Traffic Service Provider in Fiji
The Fiji Air Navigation Regulations states that no one is allowed to perform the functions of an Air Traffic Service Provider unless they hold an Air Traffic Service Provider Certificate issued by CAAF.
The Fiji Air Navigation Regulations further states that CAAF may only issue such a certificate if it is satisfied that the applicant is –
- competent, having regard to any of the following, his previous conduct and experience, equipment, facility, organisation, staffing, training, quality assurance system, safety management systems, maintenance and other arrangements to conduct services specified in the certificate and for the services so specified; and
- in compliance with the appropriate CAAF Standards Document.
Section 145 states that CAAF can impose conditions on the certificate which must be complied with, including a period of its validity.
CAAF can suspend, revoke, or cancel a certificate at any time if it deems it necessary.
As part of its oversight CAAF can, through an authorised person, inspect and audit an Air Traffic Service Provider –
- for the purpose of securing and monitoring the provision of Air Traffic Service under these Regulation; or
- to satisfy itself that the holder of the Air Traffic Service Provider Certificate is and remains competent to operate.
- An inspection carried out on the nature of the work includes –
- the examining and inspecting of the work of the personnel providing Air Traffic Service; or
- the examining and inspecting of Air Traffic Service equipment and its maintenance facilities; or
- such other examination and inspection as may be necessary for the purpose of monitoring the safety of the provision of the service and the objectives of Air Traffic Service operations.
The Air Traffic Service Provider is required to comply with any recommendations or corrective actions imposed by the Authority as a result of an audit, examination or inspection carried out during its oversight activity.
Any Air Traffic Service Provider that contravenes a provision of the Air Navigation Regulations, commits an offense and is liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $2,000, in addition to a maximum of $100 a day thereafter from the commencement of the breach if the breach continues except that the total fine does not exceed $10,000.
For further information, refer to
- Laws of Fiji
- CAAF Standards Documents
- CAAF Application Forms
- CAAF Aeronautical Information Circulars
- CAAF Guidance Documents
If you have any questions about this topic, email email@example.com