About the Fiji Aircraft Register
We maintain the Fiji aircraft register, which contains information about registered aircraft in this country.
What is in the aircraft register?
There are actually two registers: the full register maintained for our purposes, and an online register available to the public.
Our register includes details like:
- registration mark allocated to each aircraft
- description of each aircraft (manufacturer and/or model)
- serial number of each aircraft
- if applicable, the description of the identifiable paint scheme and approved markings
- maximum certificated take-off weight (MCTOW) for each aircraft
- name and postal address (as advised by the applicant) of each aircraft’s registered owner
- aircraft class
- flight manual number
- mode S code country/aircraft
- the aircraft’s registration history (eg, dates registered, change of possession, but not name and address information)
Addresses noted on the online register
The online register and the full register contain largely the same information. The key difference is the online register displays only the postal address of the owner and not their ‘address for service’.
The postal address listed on the online register can be any address you choose. You can use a post office box address, a lawyer’s address, or a company address. But it must be an address from which you collect mail regularly and follow up on it, if necessary. We send safety-critical information to this address, and other material including invoices and safety publications.
Removal of details from the online register
Since it’s public, you can ask for your personal details to be removed from the online register. Your request will be usually processed within two business days.
If your aircraft is registered in the name of a company, You cannot remove a company name and postal address from the online register. They’re not personal information. Information about registered companies, including the registered office address and address for service, are available from the Registrar of Companies Office.
If your aircraft is registered in the name of a partnership, syndicate, club, trust, or society, the information below provides some guidance about the removal of details.
Even if your personal details are removed from the online register, under the Fiji Official Information Act 2018, we have to make them available if a request comes from any person in Fiji, a Fiji citizen or permanent resident, a body corporate incorporated in Fiji, or any body corporate with a place of business here.
Contact information can, however, be withheld on the grounds of privacy. But we have to assess whether your privacy outweighs the public interest in your details.
Nothing in the law requires us to advise you a request has been made for information that includes your personal details. Neither are we required to get your permission to give your personal details to someone else.
If there are specific safety or security reasons why you believe we ought to tell you a request for information about you has been made, email email@example.com
As we are bound by the Fiji Official Information Act 2018, we are unable to ask for an individual’s permission to release information about them. We're obliged to assess each request and decide whether it’s appropriate to release the requested information.
In most cases, it won't be practicable for us to advise you that information has been requested, particularly where a requesting party is seeking information about more than one registered owner.
In some circumstances, however, we may contact individuals who are the subject of a request to:
- advise them of the request having been made
- seek their views on disclosure.
Privacy statement relating to aircraft registration forms
We may use the information you provide on aircraft registration application forms for wider aviation safety and security regulatory purposes.
That information will be entered into the register of civil aircraft. A version of the register, which includes the name and postal address of an aircraft owner, appears on our website and is publicly accessible.
If your aircraft is registered in your name, you can request that your name and address be withheld from the online aircraft register. But even if those personal details are withheld from the online register, they may be disclosed to third parties (including other government agencies) in accordance with the Official Information Act 2018.
If you do want to remove your personal details from the online register, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At any time, you are entitled to:
- obtain confirmation of whether or not personal information is held about you, and if so:
- obtain access to that information, subject to the provisions of the Fiji Official Information Act 2018;
- request that we correct any personal information it holds about you.
Contact us at:
Private Mail Bag
NAP0354 Nadi Airport
Your details used for commercial or marketing purposes
We would be unlikely to release contact information to a company if it was clear it was to be used for bulk marketing purposes.
Access to information in the full register
There are a number of organisations and individuals requiring frequent access to aircraft registration information. They might either want to contact the registered owner (such as for billing and landing charges, and so on) or to perform their own civil aviation regulatory functions. Those organisations will continue to have access to full register information.
Those organisations include:
- Fiji Airports Ltd
- Private aerodrome and HLS operators
- 145 maintenance organisations, licensed aircraft maintenance engineers, maintenance approval holders, and aircraft manufacturers
- Government agencies, such as the Rescue Coordination Centre, Fiji Police, Fire and Emergency, FRCA, and the Ministry of Environment
- Overseas authorities and organisations, including national aviation authorities in overseas jurisdictions, and ICAO, for the purposes of meeting Fiji’s international law obligations under Article 21 of the Chicago Convention.
For further information, refer to
- Laws of Fiji
- CAAF Standards Documents
- CAAF Application Forms
- CAAF Aeronautical Information Circulars
- CAAF Guidance Documents
If you have any questions about this topic, email email@example.com