What is recreational use of drones?
The recreational use of drones is the operation of an unmanned or model aircraft for personal interest and enjoyment.
For example, using a drone to take photographs for your own personal use would be considered recreational. However, using the same device to take photographs or videos for compensation or sale to another individual or entity would be considered a commercial operation or business use. For recreational drone permit application, download and complete the form OP 137 and email it to email@example.com
Conditions apply, see the form for restrictions.
- Commercial drone applications; download OP 138, complete and email with supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supporting documents needed to be attached;
- RPAS Training Certification and
- Liability Insurance for the drone operation,
- Authorisation process fees from $212.50.
For further information, refer to