Approved Maintenance Organisation Certification Requirements
The Fiji Air Navigation Regulations states that no one is allowed to perform the functions of an Approved Maintenance Organisation unless they hold an Approved Maintenance Organisation Certificate issued by CAAF.
The Fiji Air Navigation Regulations further states that CAAF may only issue such a certificate if it is satisfied that the applicant is –
- competent, having regard to any of the following, his previous conduct and experience, equipment, facility, organisation, staffing, training, quality assurance system, safety management systems, maintenance and other arrangements to conduct services specified in the certificate and for the services so specified; and
- in compliance with the appropriate CAAF Standards Document.
Section 145 states that CAAF can impose conditions on the certificate which must be complied with, including a period of its validity.
CAAF can suspend, revoke, or cancel a certificate at any time if it deems it necessary.
As part of its oversight, CAAF can, through an authorised person, inspect and audit an Approved Maintenance Organisation –
- for the purposes of monitoring the provision of air navigation and aircraft maintenance purposes under this regulation; or
- for satisfying CAAF that the holder of the maintenance organisation certificate is competent to operate as a maintenance organisation.
An inspection carried out on the nature of the work includes –
- the examining and inspecting of the work of the personnel providing air navigation and aircraft maintenance; or
- the examining and inspecting of the maintenance organisation service facilities and equipment; and
- such other examination or inspection as may be necessary for the purposes of monitoring the safety of air navigation and aircraft maintenance operations.
The approved maintenance organisation is required to comply with any recommendations or corrective actions imposed by CAAF as a result of an examination or inspection carried out during its oversight activity.
Any maintenance organisation that contravenes a provision of these Regulations commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $2,000, in addition to a maximum of $100 a day thereafter from the commencement of the breach if the breach continues except that the total fine does not exceed $10,000.
For further information, refer to
- Laws of Fiji
- CAAF Standards Documents
- CAAF Application Forms
- CAAF Aeronautical Information Circulars
- CAAF Guidance Documents
- Fiji Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP)
If you have any questions about this topic, email email@example.com